Friday, September 11, 2009

Happy Friday!

1) We have a new lawyer! One that seems to know what he's doing! And he's already given me more than the other twit did! Haloo halay! Caloo calay! O frabjous day! Seems that the twit shouldn't have done what he did - there was a conflict of interest and he should have farmed out the conservatorship filing. And even before that, he should have challenged the whole need for the c'ship from the beginning!

2) My dreams have cleared and are less frequently about the IBDA/Mom debacle. This translates into better sleep and waking in a good mood vs rage.

3) My publisher rep came by, proposed an easy solution to my problems and offered to come to classes on day one and get everybody signed in herself to avoid a repeat of the mess of the first week. I don't know how that would work, but ah, the offer was lovely. And she's working to get my 'stuff' into the D2L shell for single sign-on. Deeee-li----tful.

4) Grace did beautifully last night at dog school. And I got lots of compliments on her performance and on my abilities as trainer. Awww, shucks, folks...


Yeah, there's bad news too, but at least my new lawyer is up front about that. 90 minutes on the phone is worth it.

6 comments:

Susan said...

Congrats on new intelligent lawyer! That is great -- we'll now keep fingers & toes crossed.
And Grace? She's gorgeous.

Janice said...

Progress on the lawyer front means a lightening in every other problem that weighs you down, I suspect.

Grace is a real sweetheart and you are a good trainer!

New Kid on the Hallway said...

yay for a good lawyer!

and Grace is so cute!

Ink said...

Hooray on the good news. And Grace is lovely.

Sisyphus said...

Cute dog!!!!!!!

Maude Lebowski said...

yay! congrats on the good news, hugs for the bad news, and pets to the puppy. you sound so much more centered today!