* Safety. So many people - and more animals - aren't.
* Warmth. My thermostat is set at 63F, but that's so much warmer than so many people are. And I have blankets and sweats.
* Chess, Tucker, Amelia, Polly, Grace: My animals. They are my children, best friends, bringers-of-joy and the greatest roomies on the planet.
* My job, which I do love. I'm employed!
* My mom, who made it all possible. She believed in me even when I didn't.
* Friends, scattered around the globe: my chosen family, who like (even love) and accept me for what I am and what I'm not.
* Freedom: under threat, tenuous, but still mine. Cherished, fragile, fiercely protected.
* Little things: trees, frogs, whales in the distant seas, birds soaring, the music of life.
Thanksgiving has long been my favorite holiday, even when I spend it alone. Maybe even more when I'm alone.
So Happy Day to you!